7.30.2009

Frontier: Brunswick, ME

Welcome to Frontier.

It's new in town, in my hometown of Brunswick, Maine, and it's where my sister holds a summer job. I think you'll agree we should be taking notes on things like the silverware buckets and the long, roughhewn picnic tables built for two parties to share, side by side.

And the funky old chairs, that lead into the cozy zone, where there are books, and puzzles, and games, and colored pencils.


And of course, there are the market plates. This is the Maine Market Plate. It is served on a wooden cutting board lined with a piece of wax paper, and every single item on it is either grown or produced in Maine:


The chocolate chip cookie might not have been, but that came separately. Actually, there were two: one for me, and one for my sister on her break.

Our café should give sisters breaks together, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment